Great Pyr size

Lynda V

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just an update. I had a fecal sample tested and it showed no parasites,thank goodness. Thank you to everyone who responded and gave advice. Baymule,I was touched by your words. You are so right. I could have picked any of the puppies in that litter,but this is the one that I set my heart on from the first,and we are a pair for better or for worse! He's a good boy,small though he might be.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:love:love:love

just so you know @Lynda V my "smallest" dog on the farm is the most fierce! ;) Truly he is a handsome dog and it is very clear he is loved and well cared for!
One of my retired LGD's (pyr) lives in my house and is as spoiled as it gets they are wonderful dogs!

BrendaMNgri

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oookay,lots of opinions,which is good. As for why I took the puppy so young,simple answer,I didn't know any better. I have been in contact with the breeder,asking what she would expect a 7 month old to weigh. She says anywhere between 50-70 lbs. in her experience. I've been to her farm and seen her adult dogs and they are all quite large. Don't know what to think at this point. Bottom line,I guess,is this is the pup I've got,I love him,he's doing a good job guarding my sheep,I'll get him the best care I can,and that's all I can do.

Yup, I guess that is what you can do! If it's working for you @Lynda V, you are lucky, and I hope the pup matures into a good dog.

:thumbsup

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TAH