Green Acres Farm - LA

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking at appraised jrs pics might be more helpful.

@Goat Whisperer and I are very different... LA are helpful but I know what I like and what I am looking for... I also care far more about production than anything.
Pretty udders are pretty udders but not all pretty udders produce. At the same time poor udders may not hold up long term.
Of course for most the end goal is a really great udder with really great teat placement with really great production. LOL

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Looking at appraised jrs pics might be more helpful.
I was just curious if that was something you could judge without an udder. A contributing factor when deciding what kids to retain, etc.
@Goat Whisperer and I are very different... LA are helpful but I know what I like and what I am looking for... I also care far more about production than anything.
Pretty udders are pretty udders but not all pretty udders produce. At the same time poor udders may not hold up long term.
Of course for most the end goal is a really great udder with really great teat placement with really great production. LOL
Yep. My Saanen doe (I think) has a nice udder, but it does not milk down. Part of it is she is holding back for her kid, but even after her kid drinks, she has a lot of excess tissue and not a whole lot of milk.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Goat's new pasture

IMG_0149.jpg
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
Almondine's udder
2F, overnight fill

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Edelweiss and Dazzle