Green apples and sheep.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought that it was appropriate! :lol: As soon as I get a good pic of Black Betty, I'm going to turn her into my avatar for this forum. I need to update my look on this site!

I'm really pleased with how this site is developing, aren't you? :)

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Very much so! It seems like all of a sudden people "flocked" to this site and joined in the conversation. :)

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow thats great because we have an apple tree right next to our penned area and I have been worried about the apples accidentally getting into them. :) Like I said I am new at this and all I have is what I have been able to find on line and let me tell you that isn't much at all!! :( My girls did lambs for 4-H this year and we fell in love with them so much we found an ad for 3 ewes for sale and we went and looked at them and then bought 2. Well we thought they were ewes and when we got them home we flipped the one in question and low and be hold it was a weather!! :barnie With a years worth of wool on them there was no way to tell till you flipped them. The guy felt bad and gave us the other one. Well he had them running with his ram ALL summer and he was such a :he he said they couldn't be preg and I argued that with him but anyway we get the 3rd home and she has utters about the size of softballs!! :ep They are getting sheared this weekend so we can see just exactly what we are dealing with. Our luck the other one is preg also. But at least the weather was a bonus cuz he's freezer meat.

I will definitely be joining conversations :) I need all the advice I can get!!! :thumbsup

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi, Jenn! :frow

I'm new to the sheep game myself, but have been doing research for a long time before choosing the breed I have now. I'm learning as I go and find that I lean towards the Joel Salatin take on livestock husbandry. It is working well for all my animals and particularly for my young sheep. Time is the real proof, though, and this will be an interesting year!

Love the sheep, though!