greenbean's Journal - Kit Pictures

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks yall :D

Unfortunately one of the spotted kits somehow got caught behind the nestbox and squished to death the other night. Everyone else are growing and getting huge except the little solid kit, it's still the same size. I'm going to get a new battery for my scale and start weighing it just to see if it's getting any bigger at all.

The dogs havn't came back anymore, but I'm wondering if I were to put rabbits back in their old cages, if they'd come back. That'd be my luck.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You know...I wonder if you could put some kind of 'electric' fence/charged wire around the base of your hutches...so IF the dogs DID come back...they'd HAVE to touch the HOT wires to try and get at the bunnies! You could turn that box all the way up...give them little K9 nasties a NICE jolt of "no!" to learn NOT to mess with the hutches! That'd be kinda fun actually! I wonder if anyone has every tried something like that?

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that, but my concern is my little dog, Laci. I definitely do not want her to get hurt by it, she's smaller than my chickens! :lol: She follows me out there whenever I'm doing something and sniffs around. I found a design for hanging cages that I'd be able to turn into a shed type thing around them and could put walls around it so nothing could get in, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try that out. I have to run to the store and buy the stuff for it though.

I got a lot done today. :D We planted potatoes, beets, parsnips, lettuce, and onions. I took the tiller and finished the yard, got the grass seed scattered and covered, glad to have that done. I didn't realize it but while I was cutting the potatoes I cut my thumb and I'd already gone through half of them before I noticed blood. So some of them got planted with my blood on them :| I hope that doesn't bother anything lol. I am so sunburnt (sunburned? Whatever the correct spelling is!), and it itches like crazy. My sister gets so aggravated because when she gets sunburnt, her tan doesn't stay, but mine always does. :lol: I have an awesome farmers tan haha. Anyway, other than that, I cleaned cages, worked on my recipe binder, finally got caught up with my coupons, finished a book I've been reading, and talked to some friends. My aunt wants me to go out there when she gets back from the hospital and play cards with them, so I'm looking forward to that! In the time being I think I'll work on the rest of my afghan, it's almost done, almost! I need to run to the store and buy some more yarn, I've only got a little left. All the animals are doing great, the babies are adorable and have got to the I want to chew/lick everything stage. Every time I hold them they nibble on and lick my clothes and fingers, then get comfy and fall asleep while I pet them, it's sooo cute. I'll try to get new pictures soon.

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well I havn't posted on here in a while so I figured I'd give an update!

All the animals are doing great. The rabbits kits are now weaned and still growing like weeds. I'm keeping 3 does to add to my meat herd (one will be used for show). The rest are all for sale. Today I had another litter born, an English Spot/American cross litter, she had 7 kits and they're so cute and so tiny!

I've started a duckweed experiment. I'm growing it to feed to the rabbits, chickens, and calves. I havn't fed any yet, I'm letting it grow right now. I'm hoping they like it, I'll use it as a treat/supplement if they do. If anyone on here grows duckweed for feed I'd love to hear from you.

My rabbits are now completely off pellets! I've been wanting to do a more natural way of feeding and so far everything's going great.

I also picked up two lovely Silver Fox does from RTG today. (Thank you!) I got them in their cages and everything, going to leave them alone now so they can settle down. Will get pictures soon, but I want to give them time to calm down. I'll get pictures of everyone else either today or tomorrow. (Including the new babies!).

There was some more stuff I wanted to update on but my mind just went totally blank. :lol:

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
so WHERE are you pictures? Your journal title CLEARLY says "Kit Pictures"....and I'm waiting!!! :caf :caf :caf
:hugs

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You know I just did that to mess with yall ;) Jk! Anyway, I took pictures with my cell phone but lost my sd card adapter thing so I'll have to retake them with my camera. It's nice out today so I'll go ahead and do that.

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well these are the only pictures I got before my camera died, and I don't have any batteries so this'll have to do! :D This is the new litter, there are 4 spotted and 3 solids. The one I thought was blue got darker so now I'm guessing they're all black!