Greetings from PG/Montgomery County, Maryland!

breegull

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well, right now I'm actually in Portland, OR.

But the PLAN is to move to DC-area Maryland (Prince George's County or Montgomery County) next year.

I loved having a huge garden and backyard chickens here in Portland, so I'm hoping that when we eventually buy a house in MD, we can find (and agree) on a place that's rural enough to allow a nice big garden, a couple mini dairy goats, and a handful of chickens and ducks...but close enough to city life that my bf will still be willing to live there! :hide

I'm hoping we can find a house on 1/2 acre to 2 acres that's suitably zoned.

To while away the months (years?) before my backyard farm dreams can be realized, I've been researching zoning laws, goat and duck breeds (leaning towards MiniManchas and Muscovies currently), housing, fencing, feeding, etc. I've already learned a ton from so many helpful posts here and on my old BYC stomping grounds.

Nice to meet you all!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice to meet you too! This is a good place to study, ask questions and learn while waiting on your move, hopefully a mini-farm. I was a member here for 5 years before we moved to our 8 acre paradise. I learned a lot from the great people here. Welcome to the forum!