Greetings, happy to be here.

caprineacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Because it's too hot to be outside working with animals, I'm learning to be a couch potato. I've enjoyed lurking on this forum for awhile and decided to join. I have a few goats, and more than a few chickens. I'm located a little west of hot, hot Houston. Impatiently waiting for November for it to cool off!

BarnOwl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello from SE Tennessee. It is hot (and humid!) here also. Looking forward to hearing more about you and our animals. What kind of goats do you have?

caprineacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I have several crossbred (also known as mutts) goats. My girls have a bit of Kiko and Spanish blood and who knows what else running in their veins. Goats have been in and out of my life for most of my many years starting as a child. Again in my early marriage, and also when my children were at still at home they raised Boers for 4-H. They were beautiful animals, and did well as long as they were kept in a dry lot situation, but couldn't deal with the parasites in a pasture situation. My husband and I retired last year and I needed goats in my life again. I understand goat math is somewhat like chicken math so I'm trying very hard to restrain myself at this point, lol.

caprineacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks!

Hope you find some Boer does @Wild Bug Ranch!

Today was another hot one. My does are hanging out in the barn wishing for a blue norther'. They have politely requested that I procure a male suitor for the upcoming breeding season. I'll see what I can do. I have a young-ish buckling that could probably do the duty, but I think he may not be quite what we're looking for. I'd like to find a purebred Kiko buck for them. Off to Google to shop!

Latest posts