Ground Beef Casserole with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I first made this a couple of months ago when Teresa had been in South Carolina to be able to serve when she got home. It freezes great as we just had some of the leftovers from that day. This is about as good as it gets when it comes to comfort food.

Ground beef Casserole With Cream cheese and Sour Cream

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground round
  • 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
  • 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
  • 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
  • 5 green onions, chopped
  • 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
  • 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
  • 4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
  • 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
  • 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)

Directions

• Step 1

Brown ground round in a large skillet over medium, stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in both cans diced tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
  • Step 2

Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Stir together hot cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese until blended.
  • Step 3

Spoon egg noodle mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses in order listed.
  • Step 4

Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will give it a try this coming weekend. Thanks Mike!!
(Just started a word document for all of the recipes on these threads. Now have to go back and find all of them!)

I have thousands of recipes that I have saved over the years on my laptop but this one quickly became a favorite.

Latest posts