Growing greens indoor for bun bun

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello everyone I know there are a ton of threads but I couldn't find where people had listed what grow your own pre made green kits that they grew for their rabbit or what seeds I could just buy in bulk and plant and feed to our rabbit? Also he is just one rabbit about 5 months old so also want to make sure we don't feed him too much greens so amounts on that would be great too. Thank you

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Try brick house acres rabbitry. They grow Champagne rabbits in New York.
They have a tutorial on growing barley indoors. Tell you pretty much all you need to know. I followed their method, works pretty good. My setups different but it works.
If you can't find untreated barley close by try seedworld USA. Price there is cheaper than any else I saw and had good germination.
Type in fodder in the search bar on here, I did it couple minutes ago to check lots of info.

Last edited:

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
As @Grizzlyhackle stated, BHA has a procedure for small amounts:

I use the 1020 trays. I plant in the ones with holes in the bottom and place them in the ones without holes. There are a ton of YouTube videos on this as will. The trays runs about $2.10 with shipping.

If you want to go bigger, FarmTek has a setup that you can get ideas from as well.

Latest posts