Growing the Herd! - Goat math strikes again!

Thatdaywewokeupasfarmers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Enjoy some pictures of Cypress! He's finally home! Cy is very loving toward people but a little wary of the other goats. I think he'll be feeling more at home in a day or two though.
IMG_5268.JPG
IMG_5270.JPG

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He is so handsome! Congratulations!

So, I got a call out of the blue today. The breeder I bought Rosie from and who bred her with his buck last fall had heard that she never kidded this year. He offered to come pick her up tomorrow evening and keep her for a couple weeks. I didn't think she'd come back into heat this year, but he thinks that this lingering cold weather and the presence of a buck will bring her back around. If this works, we'll have kids in October. Fingers crossed. (Although I simply don't know what I'm going to do without my girl for weeks! :\)

Just wondering if you did have Rosie go to the breeder's place? If she took she should be around two months along. Is she looking rounder?

Thatdaywewokeupasfarmers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Goatgirl47, the breeder told me right away when he returned her that he never saw her come in to heat, so I'm quite sure she isn't pregnant. There are certainly no signs of it I can see. I'll still be watching to be on the safe side, but I'm thinking we're going. To have to wait until next spring for any babies.