Guarding Fallow Deer?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to have a serious problem
I would read things on the internet that I disagreed with
I felt that I had to debate with people' to see my point of view
I learned that this was a lost cause
So now when I see something on the Internet that I disagree with I just keep on scrolling
You should all be more like me and keep scrolling

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@LoneOakGoats we are neighbors! We live between Van and Lindale. We go to 4B Feed store in Alba to buy Martindale All Purpose pellets for our horses and try to be there at lunch so we can go to Connie's Café for lunch. So we aren't that far away from each other.

That sure is a shame about your deer. I would be hopping mad :he for sure. Keep your rifle handy and sighted in.

There is a 1,000 acre ranch behind us that has Axis deer. They high wire fenced it and off set the fence by 3 or 4 feet, then hog ringed a wire skirt laid flat on the ground all the way around it. With a pipe fence, you sure aren't going to move it over! What about asking your neighbor about permission to lay a wire skirt on the ground to keep their dogs out of your property? Get it in writing.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could minimally run hotwire over the top. Yes a dog could still dig under but MAYBE if it tried the top first it would fear the fence regardless???

If you ran a very low wire on your side MAYBE (I have no idea) it would hit that with it's nose as it tunnels under and back out?

Best of luck. Certainly the best situation would be if your neighbor developed a permanent and obvious sense of responsibility. Like maybe asking you if they could run hot wire or an anti dig screen on THEIR side of your fence.

Nothing cheaper in fence building than having one already there that needs only a little modification to keep your animals on your side.

Latest posts