Guernsey Jersey cross?

CaliFarmsAR

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey guys!! I’m going to be getting a milk calf soon and she is a Guernsey Jersey cross, what would that be considered? Is it a Bree or just considered a cross? Thank you to anyone who replies ☺️

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a guernsey jersey cross. There are no fancy names for crossbreds. I have 2 . I also have several hol/jerseys, 2 jerseys, 3 jersey/angus crosses. I use some for nurse cows, several of the dairy jer/hol crosses, the 2 jerseys and 2 straight holsteins, are on a dairy that I leased them out to, when I went in to have my ankle replacement and then both my knees replaced late last fall. Right now I have a jer/hol with 3 calves on her. I just got an outcross guernsey bull to use AI this fall. Trying to get some more stamina back into them. They have gotten so frail and lost that old coarse sturdy "cow" by trying to make them too "dairy" ... hope to get a few crosses next year.

CaliFarmsAR

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It is a guernsey jersey cross. There are no fancy names for crossbreds. I have 2 . I also have several hol/jerseys, 2 jerseys, 3 jersey/angus crosses. I use some for nurse cows, several of the dairy jer/hol crosses, the 2 jerseys and 2 straight holsteins, are on a dairy that I leased them out to, when I went in to have my ankle replacement and then both my knees replaced late last fall. Right now I have a jer/hol with 3 calves on her. I just got an outcross guernsey bull to use AI this fall. Trying to get some more stamina back into them. They have gotten so frail and lost that old coarse sturdy "cow" by trying to make them too "dairy" ... hope to get a few crosses next year.
Ok, thank you. I know there’s crosses with fancy names so I didn’t know if this cross had one.

CaliFarmsAR

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is her, she is a lot bigger now, but this is what she looks like, but she has some black points
8325D764-3743-4A1C-A82C-E4CFD70F4B6F.jpeg

Latest posts