Guinea pigs?

chinbunny1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ninny said:
I've always feed mine rabbit food and hay. I put the vitimans in their water. Much cheaper that way.

Countrymom what breed to do you raise?
Id be careful when using rabbit feeds. The nutritional needs of a rabbit are much different then that of a cavy. Some have things added to them that cavies shouldn't have (forgot what it was). The best to use is a good quality cavy pellet. You can get them just about anywhere.

Ninny

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
chinbunny1 said:
Ninny said:
I've always feed mine rabbit food and hay. I put the vitimans in their water. Much cheaper that way.

Id be careful when using rabbit feeds. The nutritional needs of a rabbit are much different then that of a cavy. Some have things added to them that cavies shouldn't have (forgot what it was). The best to use is a good quality cavy pellet. You can get them just about anywhere.
True but mine have always done very well on it. Plus when you got buns and piggies ten dollars for 40lbs is much better then 15 dollars for a 5 pound bag of cavy plus the bun food. I supplement them with veggies, grass, fruit all the good stuff. I really miss the pigges.

chinbunny1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ninny said:
chinbunny1 said:
Ninny said:

True but mine have always done very well on it. Plus when you got buns and piggies ten dollars for 40lbs is much better then 15 dollars for a 5 pound bag of cavy plus the bun food. I supplement them with veggies, grass, fruit all the good stuff. I really miss the pigges.
I pay $7 for ten pounds. $15 is a little much for guinea pig food.

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well I've been absent for some time on this site(as well as BYC)...anyway....Spring is in the air here lately...I'll blame it on that..lol

Our girls each have a guniea pig. 1 male 1 female...Kept in seperate cages. Not breeding them.
Anyway they seem very healthy and happy. We do give them guinea pig food($7.89 for a 25 pound bag--will check out the brand). We also give them veggies and fruits. They love to be played with and have lots of fun. We also give them apple tree twigs/branches to chew on. As well as hay.
When and if I ever find my camera I will have to post pictures of "Lloyd" and "Gibby".