GW & SBC's kidding thread: 2019

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We officially moved Lucy into a kidding stall.
Yeah, I bibbed up and hat and gloves just to go with GW and move her. :lol:
I don't do cold well. :D It is 28 degrees. That is just dumb. Well... it is winer I shouldn't complain. Next week we are suppose to have a couple of 70 degree day! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate See, I love that because it gives me a) something to look forward to and b) hope for spring! :p

Lucy is really a jerk. I do love her but she is a snot. Glad her daughters are wonderful!
I was just concerned that if she decided to go BOOM and kid it would be best in a stall.

I can't for one minute believe that ruth isn't going to kid before april, she won't be able to walk by april. bless her heart.
She is a wide load all the time. :/ I tease GW and say she probably only has twins. GW gives me the look. The "look" is scary. I go and hide.

Sorry!

I love her too! She's my last pygmy doe and she's not a spring chicken anymore. I can't count my kids before they're hatched but if I get a doeling(s) out of her it/they will probably be with me forever! Heck, even if I get bucklings they might get to stay here too, lol.

How many? I want twins - I always want twins. :fl
I love her sweet face. Just love her sweet face and those bitty cute adorable legs. I can see why you would keep them. Some goats and their offspring just are special.

isn't that the truth FEM. the rest of the world can keep their trips. quads and quints. give me a nice healthy set of twins.
We too! LOVE twins! I don't mind trips on Nigerians. But goodness. The minis like having trips which I rather twins, and the ND's like to have freaking litters. UGH. 2-3 is great.

As always they are beautiful. I have a couple of sheep that I want to hang a "Wide Load" sign on but I think Ruth takes the cake. :)
Thanks Mike, she has been GW's fav for a long time. That is Ruth as a kid in GW's avatar. :)
I can't get over the size of your lambs. It does seem lambs are just huge at birth.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I love that pic! She is so darn adorable! Those little cannon bones just kill me, so cute and tiny! How big are the pygmies? When not pregnant. Height/weight? How do their personalities compare to the ND’s?

@B&B Happy goats this will be Ruth’s 5th kidding. She’s had triplets the last two years. I’m thinking triplets again, maybe quads. She’s a full figured girl LOL

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I love that pic! She is so darn adorable! Those little cannon bones just kill me, so cute and tiny! How big are the pygmies? When not pregnant. Height/weight? How do their personalities compare to the ND’s?

@B&B Happy goats this will be Ruth’s 5th kidding. She’s had triplets the last two years. I’m thinking triplets again, maybe quads. She’s a full figured girl LOL

She definitely is full , holy cow!