GW & SBC's kidding thread: 2019

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20190411_131706130.jpg I just read in the united Capri news of a Nigerian dwarf doe that gave birth to seven healthy kids.:th That's insane.

Last edited:

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your girls and the kids.:hit I really do hope everything goes well with the kiddings and that mama's and kids come out okay. What is happening with Red Hot's kids that you think you will lose them? It just goes to show all of us that if something like this can happen to your goats that it can happen to any one of us and it is something that just happens because I can see how much your goats and kids are so well cared for and loved. :hugsto both of you as well as Tiff, Rhania, their unborn kids, and Red Hot's kids. :fl that everything turns out ok for y'all.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice
We have some white pants that Rachel has outgrown if little bit can use them
Size 0 in a womens and 3 and 5 Jr.
Thank you that would be great!

Sorry to leave you all hangin' it has been exhausting to say the least.
We induced Tiffany, at 30 hours she wasn't doing much. We waited it out but were up all night. Well, mostly. My daughter was suppose to get me or GW up to takes turns watching the monitor but she let us sleep! So I got 4 hours straight! Up at 5 though as she was doing minor pushes.... the kind where it is more positioning and moving into the canal.
I prayed that morning for wisdom, to "know" when to do or not do.
Tiffany really started pushing - no distress, just pushing. Then it was "check now". I listened to that still voice! The first one I felt hock joints and hip bones. It took a minute and GW held but Tiff was great, got the back legs and pulled them out, she pushed and the first born was a buck. :) Kinda sad because he is a 75% Recorded Grade, would have inherited a star too, but cannot be registered, He will be raised for meat.
Next one was fine, a doe! Then a third, another doe! :yesss::yesss::yesss: LOVELY!
Tiffany is doing okay. OK. Not great. The strangest thing is she had 3 afterbirths, still struggling with the last one.
No wonder the poor goat was so huge. Kids are strong they were 7,7.7 1/2# plus the 3 placentas.
A few hours later Tiny (extra small lamancha the size of a mini) freshened as a FF with a 6 1/2# buck, although he looks bigger. I am going to check the scale tomorrow. This buck is a 75/25 and is beautiful!!! :yesss:

I will try to get some pics tomorrow but I got these.
this is of trips in morning= the boy is the one that looks black but he may be chocolate
028.JPG

the one all the way to the left is the mini mancha buckling (wide white band)
033.JPG

This is Raina being Raina NOT kidding yet. We are not inducing unless absolutely necessary. She is doing really well.
Someone asked me to show them her udder as we mentioned it is obscene! LOL this is through the barn camera and snapped image off my monitor.
035.JPG

Meanwhile we are just spent! :th:th:th
We are grouchy! :hide

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on the successful births, and healthy or doing okay does. It's 2:45 in the morning here and I just checked on my two that are due anytime I'll be inducing the one in the morning .I hope your last one kicks in soon and it a decent daytime hour or so you can truly rest tomorrow night in the meantime get what rest you can and :celebrate

How are the kids that were in trouble? What was wrong do you know!