GW & SBC's kidding thread: 2019

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got word that the buck our friend let us breed 2 of our does to just Finished. He earned his last leg and went BIS!
We are so happy for her! She has worked so hard with her breeding, it is awesome.
I am blessed to have him as sire to Raina's and Tiffany's kids! Just WOW!
Youth show was tonight as well. We did very well!
Will update on the show later.

Meanwhile I am exhausted. 2 of my sons helped tonight! We make a great team. So thankful they are here.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far we are having a great show!:weee
I'll update tomorrow after the other 2 rings.
So tired.
Headed out extra early so I could finish everything early.
Right when I was heading out to milk 2 of my sons came by and it delayed me... well that delay put me right smack in the middle of horendous lightning/thunderstorms so I had to wait it out. We have to run goats from the field up the drive to the porch where we milk... just no, not happening. So, no early anything. Finally finished feeding babies by 11:15. So tired.:th:th:th

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So far we are having a great show!:weee
I'll update tomorrow after the other 2 rings.
So tired.
Headed out extra early so I could finish everything early.
Right when I was heading out to milk 2 of my sons came by and it delayed me... well that delay put me right smack in the middle of horendous lightning/thunderstorms so I had to wait it out. We have to run goats from the field up the drive to the porch where we milk... just no, not happening. So, no early anything. Finally finished feeding babies by 11:15. So tired.:th:th:th
Good luck with the rest of the show I hope it goes well. I got done at a quarter till 10 so I beat you by a little bit. It was definitely a night where I didn't want to milk or do chores. I was beat after the work today, but I did get all but one doe clipped including udders, and feet and clean up clipping done on all of the bucks for linear next week.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to see, but right now I've got a llama down and I have no idea what's wrong with him
IMG_20190506_183209956.jpg

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:( Oh no. Is it meningeal worm? I know nothing about llamas other than they are highly susceptible. So sorry, I hope you get answers fast and that he makes it. :hugs
Well, something in the kitchen sink I threw at him is helping. At least he stopped twitching was moving his legs around a little bit more and he was able to hold a Cushing position when I pushed him up into it. By the time I took the last milk out had his head up which is a definite improvement. :fl

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been pretty busy and haven't had any time to really read or be on here. I just wanted to post that Foxy had triplet doelings! Isaac is the sire. Too funny about the colors... all 3 are completely different! :D Buckskin (broken), Black, and Gold& white!
She kidded the 16th in the afternoon which was wonderful!
I don't have any good pics, the are still messy too but here is this.
IMG_2315.JPG