Gypsy's Rambles, Wanders, Wonders and Blunders

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry you lost the litter... another one... back to back even. Dang that's some bad luck there. :(

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So sorry you lost the litter... another one... back to back even. Dang that's some bad luck there. :(
I don't usually have many problems besides the usual loosing a runt here and there... But on the occasions things go wrong multiple things seem to go wrong at once. When it rains it pours. It is usually a reminder that I really should pay more attention to my almanacs.
:barnie

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to breed 10-15 does at a time. Then I would be out in the rabbitry every 2 hours all night. I would tuck a single cold kit I found out on the wire into my bra to warm up. Several times I scooped up a whole litter, took them in the house and put the little ice cubes on my belly to warm up, and went back to sleep.

It sucks to lose so many. It sucks to do all you can do, and they still die. I am sorry for the hard time you are having with your rabbits right now. Hang in there, just as sure as it all goes wrong, the next go-round, it will all go right.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another rabbit question ...no kits from any of the three that were bred, yesterday morning I put one in with the male for a hour....this morning she pulled a bunch of fur out and made a nest...they are nine months old NZ meat rabbits.....???any clue

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Another rabbit question ...no kits from any of the three that were bred, yesterday morning I put one in with the male for a hour....this morning she pulled a bunch of fur out and made a nest...they are nine months old NZ meat rabbits.....???any clue
When was she due last breeding? Did she ever look pregnant?

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Latest posts