Gypsy's Rambles, Wanders, Wonders and Blunders

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate to have a bah humbug attitude, but I am so ready for this holiday season to be over! I'm tired of cooking, baking, holiday parties, fighting with rolls of wrapping paper, braving the crowds at the store... Bah humbug.

That said, happy solstice everyone! I thought I'd share my solstice playlist with y'all before I get back to my cookies and wrapping paper.

https://open.spotify.com/user/radio...jma4RxyHlTRvDw602tf?si=o5aJTLECR0Cpb3h1pLFjvw
approved & ready to roll........
vetchkd.jpg

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Where did you read that? That's never been my experience. I have had first time does have their babies on the wire before. I've had first time does step on kits... But I only lost a whole first litter twice. In one instance it was cold, she had her kits on the wire one night earlier than expected and I didn't find them in time. The other, the doe only had two kits, and she crushed them. Both of those does caught on fine though and didn't have any trouble with their second litter.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the dang internet...i had rabbits in the 70s so when i read that i m like WHAT ??? Anyhow they are about 1 and a half week into it and one is grabbing her feed hay and dagging it to her inside box, ,lol....what is she doing ? They get new hay in box e / o day , hay to eat along with pelleted food and they are 4 feet off the gtound in 36 x 30 inch cages each with a hide out box inside ???

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On the dang internet...i had rabbits in the 70s so when i read that i m like WHAT ??? Anyhow they are about 1 and a half week into it and one is grabbing her feed hay and dagging it to her inside box, ,lol....what is she doing ? They get new hay in box e / o day , hay to eat along with pelleted food and they are 4 feet off the gtound in 36 x 30 inch cages each with a hide out box inside ???
Why does she have a nest box already if she's only a week along? I usually don't throw one in until about 22 days. There is a chance she is a confused first time mom just jumping the gun, but also a chance she has a false pregnancy. You should be able to to feel babies at 14 days when you palpate. Time will tell. Putting the nest in that early I'd keep an eye out to make sure she doesn't soil it up before she has her litter.

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are box's that each one has to get out of weather, sometimes the rain will blow hard enough that it can get inslde their hutchs...and they like to sit on the top of them also. The corner opening of the box has a two inch lip...this one isn't a meat rabbit...more like a pet
IMG_20181222_125402.jpg