had to pull 1

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
my bro went an checked the cows after he got home from work.an he found a holstein heifer with a calf partly out.so he brought her into the corral an checked her.the calf was dead an had 1 leg turned back.so he got the leg right.hooked the come along to her an pulled it.he called us on the cell an wanted us to hurry home.the heifer had prolapsed.so he shoved it back in.an it kept popping out before he could sew her up.so we went an got some help to hold her still.an he sewed her back up.then found a jersey X bull calf for $25.so we went an got it to put on the heifer.she couldve had the calf no prob if the leg wasnt turned back.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
me to the heifer shouldve been sent to the dairy sale last week as a springer.so if she will take the calf.we prolly will keep her to see if she will calve next year.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
She's a first calver, right? I'd probably give her a second chance too, but if she has problems again she's gone.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
im sure we will keep her an calve her again.i told him id give him $500 for her.an id prolly loose money.but id throw the dice on her.he didnt bite on that because he knows i know alot of cattle traders.an that 1 of them might end up with her.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Should have sold her as a springer. I know here they usually bring good money.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
yeah but he likes to keep them an get bit on the butt :gig kitty she has as much herefod in her as holstein.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You called her a holstein heifer. Not a holstein x heifer. I can tell you from personal experience that those herford x's are terrible to milk. At the half cross they have the herford udders ((SHUDDERS!!!))

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well im pretty sure she is a fullblood hol.but she could have some hereford in her.she has a bagg like a hol.