had to pull 1

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If she had a uterine prolapse, and it was a pretty bad one (like as big as a basketball or larger), I'd get rid of her. She will do it again next year for sure. If it was a smaller one, there is still a pretty good chance that she will prolapse again.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
If she had a uterine prolapse, and it was a pretty bad one (like as big as a basketball or larger), I'd get rid of her. She will do it again next year for sure. If it was a smaller one, there is still a pretty good chance that she will prolapse again.
A chance but, we've had them be fine for several lactations afterwards. It's a management decision someone will need to make.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
weve never had the same cow prolapse twice.an theres no telling how meny weve done.if she dont breed back she will to the sale.i just dont like her raising a jersey X holstein bull calf.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
weve never had the same cow prolapse twice.an theres no telling how meny weve done.if she dont breed back she will to the sale.i just dont like her raising a jersey X holstein bull calf.
Let her raise the calf and steer him. When he gets big enough sell him or put him in your own freezer.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
he will go to the sale barn as quick as possable.he is out of a $1400 jersey bull.