Hallo from Upstate NY :D

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi! :frow
That is an interesting array of critters ya have there. We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats. My sister spent 2-3yrs in Tupper Lake up that way, some yrs back...well, in the '70s...it gets too cold for me way off up there. There is a lot of info in the Forums and Threads already, but if ya have been lurking, ya know that. Just make yourself at home and if ya have a question, comment, or advice feel free to post.
Again....:welcome

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NH, from another homeschooling mom! Well my daughter is 4 so just getting started:)

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio, I have Icelandic sheep too! Do you do anything with your sheep's wool, spin, knit?

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi! :frow
That is an interesting array of critters ya have there. We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats. My sister spent 2-3yrs in Tupper Lake up that way, some yrs back...well, in the '70s...it gets too cold for me way off up there. There is a lot of info in the Forums and Threads already, but if ya have been lurking, ya know that. Just make yourself at home and if ya have a question, comment, or advice feel free to post.
Again....:welcome

Sounds like you have a little menagerie, too!

Last edited:

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from NH, from another homeschooling mom! Well my daughter is 4 so just getting started:)

Hello! Weve been homeschooling for a few years. Its still scary! Its going ok, though. My daughter is 9 and well have to be doing formal testing in a couple years. Im terrified lol Hows it going with you so far?

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! You've got quite a few animals!
I hope you have a great time here! I sure have!

~MW
Thank you! We used to have a lot more. I think this is the fewest critters weve ever had. Were that family that everyone brings their old/sick/broken animals to and we cant say no :)

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio, I have Icelandic sheep too! Do you do anything with your sheep's wool, spin, knit?

Thats awesome! How many do you have? Yes :D I spin and knit and crochet. Ive been thinking about trying weaving, as well. Their wool is so much fun!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello! Weve been homeschooling for a few years. Its still scary! Its going ok, though. My daughter is 9 and well have to be doing formal testing in a couple years. Im terrified lol Hows it going with you so far?

Oh don't be scared! It's going great, but I'm a certified teacher so I'm kind of over-prepared! Lol. Does your daughter enjoy being homeschooled? Where do you have to go for testing?

I grew up begging my mom to pull me out of public school but she couldn't, so I'm very happy to be able to teach my daughter at home. Also a great learning experience to grow up on a farm!