Hallo from Upstate NY :D

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Very nice to have you with us. Make yourself at home and browse around. Jump in when/where you feel the call.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats awesome! How many do you have? Yes :D I spin and knit and crochet. Ive been thinking about trying weaving, as well. Their wool is so much fun!
I have six currently, five of them ewes who will be having lambs in a few weeks. I'm a novice spinner and knitter, and I've woven but not with my own sheep's wool yet. Someday I'll learn crochet, too.

Got any pictures of your spinning or things you've made?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Indiana!
I was raised with the idea that dogs or cats could be pets, with maybe the rare or unique critter here and there. But, animals belonging outside better earn their feed.
They were for meat or fiber, etc.
We now have just the meat rabbits, but no pet rabbits. When circumstances change, and we have our own place, I would like chickens and goats or a couple feeder calves. We live in a parsonage now, so...
We also have a Boston Terrier that outgrew his breed size and was around 36 pounds. He weighs less now, but is pretty big in the shoulders and head from playing tug of war as a pup. He thinks he is pretty tough.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello! Weve been homeschooling for a few years. Its still scary! Its going ok, though. My daughter is 9 and well have to be doing formal testing in a couple years. Im terrified lol Hows it going with you so far?
Are you doing a "go it alone" thing or a "prepackaged" program. My older daughter had a teacher in 6th grade that destroyed her love of learning and was homeschooled through Oak Meadow for 7th and 8th (she turned 24 on Thursday). Here in VT if you do it on your own you have to prove to the state that you are meeting the requirements, go with an accredited program and there is no proof needed.

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
nopenope

Last edited:

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Upstate NY!!! Your turtle is awesome.
Thank you!! We love him. I just hope he doesnt end up being one of those ginormous snappers whos 80 pounds haha Hes only 10 right now and seems like a monster!

JesseroDo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Are you doing a "go it alone" thing or a "prepackaged" program. My older daughter had a teacher in 6th grade that destroyed her love of learning and was homeschooled through Oak Meadow for 7th and 8th (she turned 24 on Thursday). Here in VT if you do it on your own you have to prove to the state that you are meeting the requirements, go with an accredited program and there is no proof needed.

Hey, were using Oak Meadow, too! I know I could manage going it alone, but Im a nervous wreck about making sure everything is just right for the state. NY is kind of a pain. So, I am going with a program. But, I do a lot on my own, too. I let her lead, most of the time, when it comes to subjects and how she learns. She is on the spectrum so some things are harder than others and often she needs to approach things from a different angle than most!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll have to look that program up. It is nice to have a starting place! I think it's really cool that you let her lead in her learning, nice for kids to learn what they are interested in!

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello from a former homeschooler and sort of neighbor! I was homeschooled all the way through and I think I turned out ok. :idunno

How far are you from Burlington? I'm about 25 minutes south.