Happy To Be Here!

JerseyCattleLover

Just born
Reaction score
I am a new member to BackYardHerds, but I am very active on BackYardChickens.

I live in the state of North Dakota, where my family lives on a small 800 acre ranch.
My parents run 82 head of Black Angus and Baldie range cattle. We also have 3 horses right now, hoping to sell one and buy 2 more.

I am starting to raise Jersey cattle, my oldest is a 3 year old Jersey cow named Dakota, she is registered but I cannot remember her registered name. She has a purebred Jersey calf named Stella, she is currently 3 months old, but a pain in the butt. I am hoping to show her in 4H next year and depending on how she does maybe even take her to the state fair.

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:welcome

Hello Jersey, WELCOME!!! :frowWould love to see pictures ;)

do you also have chickens? if so what breeds

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Welcome to BYH!
Many of us(myself included) started on BYC.

I'd like to see some pics too if you have the time.
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this as much as the rest of us.

:)
MW

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome! Many of us are or were on BYC, and it seems chickens are the "gateway" animal into "farming" for many who weren't brought up on a farm or in a farming environment. Glad you decided to join us! There are quite a few young folks on here who are in FFA or 4H programs, or parents whose kids are involved. I'm sure you'll get to "meet" them in short order. Take some time to browse around :caf and make yourself at home! Look forward to seeing some pics of your animals down the road a bit. (hint hint) We all love to see pics around here ;)

Edit to say that somehow your response post from earlier today showed up AFTER I originally posted this. Don't want you to think I'm "pestering" about posting pics. :confused:

Last edited:

madelynmccabe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!!! Love to hear that you have chickens! We hope you enjoy!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi
Welcome!!
Waiting for pics;).

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! I think Jerseys are one of the prettiest breeds. Are you going to milk them?

Latest posts