HappyQuackFarms Journal:

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I need to check in here more often! So much has happened the last few months are such a blur lol. Lets see...
Cancelled the order for the meishan pigs til later, we're still adding them just not for a while.
Sold the berkshires but will be adding more again down the road. Love the breed just gotta make room.
The new Kunes are doing great and so are the new Gloucesters. Lots more piglet litters.
Goats are all finally pregnant, bought a Saanen and a toggenburg finally and sold some of our nigerian dwarves.
Doing a ton more swine education videos and farm tours, keep forgetting to charge people for the farm tours happened again today. Guess its a good way to find out how honest folks are. Had one family who forgot to pay and they venmo'd me later at least. This last family today I think were simply look loos but you never know right.
I guess were building a reputation locally Ive heard from three people this week that they've heard good things about us etc that's why they are buying their livestock only from us so that's cool and makes me warm and fuzzy. We donated more animals to some families who lost livestock to the fires out here, some folks are only just now rebuilding their pens and coops. So a family is coming tomorrow to pick up a small herd of American Guinea Hogs and a few kunes. we're giving him two pregnant sows too so their family can make up for lost time from their farm and get back up and running a bit faster.
We donated 5 pigs to the church and found a butcher to process for them. We haven't even had any time to do our monthly rooster runs lately so people are tagging us left and right to pick up roosters and we haven't had time yet hopefully well get some soup going for the church again in December. For us were not religious personally, we just know first hand what its like to not have food on the table so we give as much as we have when we can.
Got asked to develop a mini breed for the university ag dept, so that's cool haven't decided if we can do it yet or not. Neighbors 25 acres away are complaining about flies that it must be ONLY from our farm- what EVER ugh cidiots! Thinking about finally moving to a cooler climate- looking at properties again. Its not feasible for us to really move where we wanna go- alaska, but we will find somewhere that has all four seasons and doesn't broil eggs under the broody hens in the spring time im so tired of 100 degree winters and 130 degree summers i just can't do it another year.
got more peacocks, and more to come were now up to six colors i love my babies so much
Sold the toulouse geese Im going to focus on my sebastepol breed for the foreseeable future.
thanksgiving was nice we did a small pig, a duck and a turkey. Had a campfire and got drunk, my aunt did all the dishes since I did all the cooking so THAT was awesome!
Oh some sad news our Bloodhound Ruby lost her litter at 43 days in. Our cat brings little gifts to the door every day and Jimmy saw Ruby eating them and didn't say anything to me until later oh gee maybe that's why she miscarried I was soo mad he didn't say something before that but at least Ruby is okay and healthy to breed again next year.
Uncle Dennis is doing well following his doctors advice and taking his meds we never thought he'd comply but here we are its been very nice since hes been easier to deal with. Lets see how long that lasts lol.
Everything is going going going along farms good animals are good were good so were happy and grateful.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well lets see what's happened since last time?

Gave some more pigs to a fire family 15 this time. Our pens are looking empty finally were down to only two to a pen and a bunch of completely empty pens. Our feed bill is much lower now and we've done a good turn for folks in need.

Ducklings aren't selling all of a sudden- kinda strange since that was such a nice income for us for so long but Ive found it ebbs and flows. One month people want pigs another month people want chickens another month people want only adult laying ducks and another month its all about ducklings. Hence why we run a diverse farm.

Sold some pregant goats. Really missing one of them though, thinking of asking if I can buy her baby when its born.
Finally got a Saanen goat! SO EXCITED TO MILK HER!

Every pig breed registry is different and boy some registries you gotta jump throw hoops for every litter and some registries you just take pictures and report your litter info- funny how each breed is tracked so differently by their respective registries.

Went on a really big pig rescue, the pigs were in really really bad shape and the lady running the rescue operation is one of those evil (Im only here to get PR and ask for donations type) and we were there to do vaccinations and castrations on the pigs because she was too cheap to hire vets. Well were telling the folks adopting these pigs how sick they were and how to treat each pig she fired us saying we were making her look bad because she's all over the internet telling folks these pigs are healthy and in great shape. Come to find out she got many tens of thousands in donations for these 300 pigs and shes been lying to everyone that she had vets come out and that they're healthy meanwhile shes rehoming sick pigs. Anyway people like that need one right between the eyes if you ask me but nobody asked me. FYI if you adopt free "pot Belly" pigs from southern california from a giant rescue operation be aware they are NOT POT BELLY PIGS, the original owner was a pet pig hoarder who began with 60 pigs of various breeds KUNES, JULIANAS, AMERICAN GUINEA HOGS and OSSABOW pigs and she let them free range and they became heavily inbred over the last few years. I castrated quite a few that were cryptorchid, three balls and even a couple with four balls yep! They had mange and some had thinning sow disease but we weren't able to treat many before she told us to leave. So please be aware to treat the pigs and quarantine them before you let them out at your farms.

Been doing some cleanup around the farm, finally getting some of the many piles of building materials put away or using them up.

Holidays were nice.

Got the Peacock enclosure up finally and man I love sitting out there with my coffee! Did a couple videos in there and had cocktails and appetizers with the ladies on my birthday. Ordered more peacocks of course cause I have a problem and a very patient hubby lol.

Marilyn one of our Juliana sows got out yesterday for a few minutes. She likes to run and hide and have her babies under the neighbors trailer a mile away lol. This time however she decided to take a bag of corn with her- she actually stopped to grab a bag of groceries before she left! Lucky that pigs are so smart cause I came out just in time to tell her to go back to her house and she sweetly went back into her pen without a fuss. This morning we found her bag of corn in the direction she was heading and had a good laugh about it, she wasn't trying to open it she had been pulling it it take it with her! lol Shes back in her pen with her roommate Mabel but still another episode of how smart pigs are lol

Gonna be getting rid of a few breeds of ducks just cause 9 separate flocks is a bit more than we need anyway and Im finding not many folks know enough about different duck breeds to care we have a selection everyone wants the popular types and that's all. No sweat of my back well be eating duck for a while yummy!

Other than that everyones good here at the farm, things are going pretty well. Looking at expanding to a property that's a bit bigger soon we will keep everyone updated if we get it!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wasn't @Duckfarmerpa1 in touch with y'all about pigs? She hasn't been here on quite awhile and doesn't answer PMs. Any idea what happened to her? She posted all the time and then just nothing. Just concerned.