Has anyone tried Countryside Organics?

gimpymom2goats

Just born
Reaction score
I found them online. (home bound, home shopping!) It looks quite interesting ingredients wise. Has anyone used it and if so are your goats happy with it. There was a bag of feed we got and our doe nibbled, then looked at my husband with the, "really, really? Are your serious?" look. The whole reason for my family having goats is so that we know whats going in and then know whats coming out. It all goes back to my allergies and this milking at home thing is working out for us. :D Hope someone has tried it. We are a little worried about spending that much money on a back of feed that is not palatable.

NaturesPace

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We are lucky to live near countryside organic. We use their soy free organic chicken feeds for our flock and it's been great.
I plan on using their goat feed and minerals, but we don't have our goats yet. Soon.

Jewls819

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just ordered my kelp from them..great price for Thorvin Kelp.

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We switched our entire farm to Countryside Organics about 5 weeks ago. We are feeding 5 milkers the goat feed and all the kids too. I have had some conversations with the owner about a few concerns.

Regarding the goat feed, the Ca 0.35% and P is 0.46% for a Ca:p of 0.75. He is going to send a new sample out for analysis and let us know the results. He will adjust the blend to get the ratio better if it comes back low. I haven't heard the results yet.

Also, the alfalfa was ground meal which resulted in a lot of fines in the feed. Most of our goats would leave all the fines in the bottom of the bucket. Our concern was that reduces the protein taken in by the goat. I talked with the owner and he switched the goat feed to pelleted alfalfa instead of meal.

So far, I don't have enough data to indicate any performance differences based on the diet.

Latest posts