has her stomach dropped?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she was bred on September 25th, you're looking at 3rd week of February. So, approximately another month - IF she 'took' the first week the buck was there.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If she was bred on September 25th, you're looking at 3rd week of February. So, approximately another month - IF she 'took' the first week the buck was there.
We know for a fact she took the buck in the first week.... she went into her heat cycle literally a day after we got him. Sorry for over reacting and underestimating the time... I'm not used to having a pregnant goat and am nervous I'll do something wrong...

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even if she accepted the buck it doesn't necessarily mean that she got pregnant on that breeding. Did you see any other breedings after that time?

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok I'm a lot more calm to know that I was wrong, thanks guys sorry for the trouble. Any advice I can use to make sure everything goes well the next 3 weeks?

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
no trouble, keep asking questions, everyone is great about giving a helping hand! Do you have a kidding kit put together yet? There is some great threads on here that gives recommendations of what items to have on hand- you can do a search and read what those say.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Even if she accepted the buck it doesn't necessarily mean that she got pregnant on that breeding. Did you see any other breedings after that time?
We only have her and the buck we only have have a l hobby farm at this moment we had a friend who breeds goats come over and check her out soon after.. we could be wrong though and it might have been a bit later but we started noticing her giant weight soon after at a steady pace( not sure if that's a sure sign or not)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yup... relax first and foremost, then spend some time in the forums here and read, read, read... and when you need to, ask questions. You'll be fine!