Have you tried Carhartt boots?

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
For cold , wet weather I like Muck type as they are comfortable and keep my feet warm even standing on concrete. So far they stand up to manure, detergent, bleach, and acid on dairy cow farm.

No leather boot will stand up to manure exposure very long. The enzymes in manure literally digest boot.

If I am doing basic chores like feeding, moving hay, etc. And am not getting wet, muddy, manure, running shoes work for me.

Chores like cutting firewood, fencing, I do have a pair of basic leather work boots.

CowboyClayt

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
For cold , wet weather I like Muck type as they are comfortable and keep my feet warm even standing on concrete. So far they stand up to manure, detergent, bleach, and acid on dairy cow farm.

No leather boot will stand up to manure exposure very long. The enzymes in manure literally digest boot.

If I am doing basic chores like feeding, moving hay, etc. And am not getting wet, muddy, manure, running shoes work for me.

Chores like cutting firewood, fencing, I do have a pair of basic leather work boots.
Thanks! I was thinking about getting Muck boots, but i saw a bunch of people saying that they tear/rip/get holes pretty easily. I think i will go with the Carhartt, and if they are garbage, i guess i learned a lesson and know to stay away from Carhartt boots. :)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i'm an LL bean boot kinda girl. waterproof warm bottoms and leather bottoms. best of both worlds

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Skip muck I go with a hunting brand insulated rubber boots. U have to get the all rubber ones the fit and feel like tennis shoes and are really warm. I have the cabela brand ones. The first pair lasted about 8 years just got second pair last year.

Latest posts