1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. 2019 What's up with my bucks hair? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Have you used Bite Me Mineral Mojo?

Discussion in 'Organic Husbandry - Goats' started by Pepperjack'smom, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Sep 19, 2018
    Pepperjack'smom

Pepperjack'smom Chillin' with the herd

My goats are stinkers about eating the free feed mineral powder. I was thinking of feeding them some Mineral Mojo from Bite Me. Is this good and can they have it along with the loose minerals? I'm unable to get a response from the company.

2. Oct 11, 2018
    The Old Ram-Australia

The Old Ram-Australia Loving the herd life

G'day PJM, what is the recipe for the current mix?When we started about 40 years ago we had the same problem of getting the goats to consume the "modified" Pat Colby's mix.We overcame their reluctance by mixing a small amount of "dried Molasses" in with it in the containers that were under cover and out of the weather.

Once we got them started they really took to it and over the years have used it on all classes of stock and over the years we have observed that the mothers will introduce it to the young at about 2/3
    weeks of age.Anyway it worked for us so maybe its worth a try for you.......T.O.R.

Pepperjack'smom likes this.
  3. Oct 11, 2018
    Pepperjack'smom

Pepperjack'smom Chillin' with the herd

I had no idea there was such a thing as dried molasses! Thank you for the info!!