Have you used Bite Me Mineral Mojo?

Pepperjack'smom

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My goats are stinkers about eating the free feed mineral powder. I was thinking of feeding them some Mineral Mojo from Bite Me. Is this good and can they have it along with the loose minerals? I'm unable to get a response from the company.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day PJM, what is the recipe for the current mix?When we started about 40 years ago we had the same problem of getting the goats to consume the "modified" Pat Colby's mix.We overcame their reluctance by mixing a small amount of "dried Molasses" in with it in the containers that were under cover and out of the weather.

Once we got them started they really took to it and over the years have used it on all classes of stock and over the years we have observed that the mothers will introduce it to the young at about 2/3
weeks of age.Anyway it worked for us so maybe its worth a try for you.......T.O.R.

Pepperjack'smom

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
G'day PJM, what is the recipe for the current mix?When we started about 40 years ago we had the same problem of getting the goats to consume the "modified" Pat Colby's mix.We overcame their reluctance by mixing a small amount of "dried Molasses" in with it in the containers that were under cover and out of the weather.

Once we got them started they really took to it and over the years have used it on all classes of stock and over the years we have observed that the mothers will introduce it to the young at about 2/3
weeks of age.Anyway it worked for us so maybe its worth a try for you.......T.O.R.

I had no idea there was such a thing as dried molasses! Thank you for the info!!

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day as many of you know I have been a "fan "of free feed minerals for many years.You may also be aware that we have in the last 12 months changed our flock base to head down a new path,so yesterday I took this snap of a lamb about 3 weeks old which I assume its mother introduced it to the mix in the last week or so.

For me it's the classic example of generation to generation transfer of the knowledge which is contained within the flock.So the next time you consider taking the "young" away to be raised separately bear in mind the the young will have to start again to learn all about life......T.O.R.
006.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like that picture. You are right, the mothers teach their young.

Pepperjack'smom

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
G'day as many of you know I have been a "fan "of free feed minerals for many years.You may also be aware that we have in the last 12 months changed our flock base to head down a new path,so yesterday I took this snap of a lamb about 3 weeks old which I assume its mother introduced it to the mix in the last week or so.

For me it's the classic example of generation to generation transfer of the knowledge which is contained within the flock.So the next time you consider taking the "young" away to be raised separately bear in mind the the young will have to start again to learn all about life......T.O.R.
View attachment 53582
Good point