Hay feeder, tension net?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a netted feeder for sheep that's under tension?

If kept tightly to the hay, there's less chance of a leg getting in. If made short, they won't stand on net and possibly slip a leg in.

šŸ¤” These are thousands, so definitely won't buy whole. The net alone is 170 per side or with rods for 400 per side. Still far better than 2k or 3k, plus 500 delivery, for the whole setup in partial diy or ready to go.

Have a big round bale net already, maybe I should try to fully diy it and see if it works or if it's too unreliable or lumpy where legs could get caught. šŸ¤”

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use cow panels. The net looks interesting and expensive. Mine would probably find a way to chew it up. The cow panel square isnā€™t the greatest, but it works. Only problem is after they eat as far as they can reach, I have to drag the hay to the sides.

Saw a picture on FB where a guy wrapped a round bale with a cow panel, using ratchet straps to tighten it up. Looked like a better idea than mine.

Oops, you use square bales donā€™t you? Do you have any pictures of the net being used?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The CPs are pretty "stiff" for a smaller round. šŸ¤·. My goats have horns, they always want that single piece of hay in the center!! šŸ˜”. šŸ™„. I'd like rounds but use squares.

Latest posts