TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are trying for a different name.:(

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not sure what to do
The buck is not doing well. It turns out his mom wasn't letting down her milk for him:he I know he got some colostrum. Stella's udder is really hard when we try to milk her or if her baby try's to nurse:idunno. We are getting him warmed up right now. I am not giving up on this little guy :love. Once he is warmed up I was going to give him some egg, milk, and molasses? I feel really bad for not paying close attention but since it did happen what can i doe:(.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you can't get goat's milk go get some cow's milk from the store. DO NOT use a milk replacer. Grocery store whole milk will work just fine. I personally would not add anything to the milk. Do you have a nipple? Use a pritchard nipple if you can get one, TSC has them.

You need to work on mom, massage, hot compress, and more massage, she needs to be milked out. Has she been tested for CAE? A first freshener as a four year old means lots of milk and a first time mom so hopefully she just needs to realize what she is supposed to do.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
BTW, the fastest way to warm up a baby goat is a warm bath. Immerse him in the water all of the way, get him warm, and then blow dry him.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
BTW, the fastest way to warm up a baby goat is a warm bath. Immerse him in the water all of the way, get him warm, and then blow dry him.
I have on our heater and he is nice and cozy:).

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need to work on mom, massage, hot compress, and more massage, she needs to be milked out. Has she been tested for CAE? A first freshener as a four year old means lots of milk and a first time mom so hopefully she just needs to realize what she is supposed to do.
The lady that we got them from said
That she saw the papers and he had never had a goat test positive. When she took them she never did test them nor did she have any other with CAE.

I have no experience in this I am so sorry.
Thank you nor do I. So far all my kids have been fine.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is eating. He is also try to hold his head up, and standing :weee. We are trying to find a name that matches his personality and goes along with what he has been thru.
Sweet
Small
Had a hard start
and is a fighter.