Head shake

wolf

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you administer the ivermec paste orally, it’ll run the bloodstream and work on the ears anyway. With my sheep, I tether them up tight, shove them against the fence with my thigh, stick a thumb over their “bar” like with a horse to keep my fingers away from incisors and molars - and squirt the required portion of paste onto their tongue as far back as I can stick the tube. They usually mash it around and swallow it - without spitting anything out.

LisaManahan

Just born
Reaction score
These are my girls Mazy and BoPeep. A few days ago the both started shaking their head.
Even though there is no crust in the ears I suspect mites.
I was told I cut squirt liquid Ivermectin into the ears to kill the mites.
Is this true and has anyone ever used it?
I was told by a Vet to use Womens medicated vaginal cream, Miconazole. Used it years ago on my cat and a couple of years ago on my Horse. It WORKS!!

Ron Bequeath

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I use olive oil mixed with different other meds when i have them. If nothing is available the oil is drawn into a needless sringe. The oil coats the mite and sufficates it. Works every time.

Spokeless Wheel

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
These are my girls Mazy and BoPeep. A few days ago the both started shaking their head.
I have used Ivermectin pour on and injectable for ear mites in my goats for over 10 years and never had a problem. I put about half to 1 cc in a needleless syringe then squirt deep in the ear. Rub and aquish the outside of the ear to spread it around in the ear. Repeat in about 2 weeks.

TwoHands

Just born
Reaction score
Hi, I have used mineral oil in my rabbit's ears with good results.