Heads on a swivel you folks on Eastern Seaboard. Flo's coming.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are they weaned or do you think they are still nursing? Poor babies! You did good picking them up, can't walk away and let them drown. ;)

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are they weaned or do you think they are still nursing? Poor babies! You did good picking them up, can't walk away and let them drown. ;)

No they aren't weaned
Eyes still closed
They are good size though body about 5-6 inches
I think they are close to opening eyes
We talked to a re-hab person
They said since we have goats milk they have a chance
They stood 0 chance in the yard

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would have done the same...always rooting for the underdog, or squirrel in this case. Poor babies, it is good of you to try.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's never a good time for animals. I did find a drowned adult squirrel the day after our flood, which I found puzzling as they can climb anything.

I tried to watch the weather news on TV last night, but it's so drama queened up, I found it more precise and realistic to look on internet sources. Not to downplay the dangers or heartbreak, but this is making the rounds this morning:
The introduction says:
"The Weather Channel caught manufacturing the story of strong winds in hurricane Florence. Watch this fool fighting to stand up to the hurricane when two dudes come strolling by."

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Other than the constant continuous grey cloudy skies and "stillness", we are getting some rain. Mostly light showers, comes and goes, some harder quick downpours but then stops. Except for the little bit of sun we saw on Thursday when I hung out the jeans on the clothesline, it has been a constant monotone of grey skies for over a week. The funniest - weirdest - thing has been the absence of the birds singing or anything. It has been so quiet in the nature department. Even my chickens don't make many crowing noises. Like they are hushed waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Did catch ANOTHER possum trying to get into the chickens. That makes like 7 or 8 or something this summer.... Don't think I have ever seen so many...
Now we are supposed to get more rain as it moves further inland and around to head north. Flooding and heavier rain as the weekend goes on. We are pretty wet now so that will be a given on the flooding.
My son says that they are expecting for VDOT to get called to send trucks and help down into the Carolinas when he goes to work on Monday.

Latest posts