Heads on a swivel you folks on Eastern Seaboard. Flo's coming.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so glad that everyone seems to be faring decently. I hate that it’s having to be dealt with but so thankful the losses haven’t been greater.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bunnylady I'm glad you are ok! How are the animals taking it all?
20180917_085753.jpg

I think his face says it all.

The horses are dealing pretty well. My two ancient goats are convinced that they have died and gone to goat hell - particularly since the mini mule is still around (Betsy has been known to attack them at random moments when she's frustrated and anxious). The chickens may be so stressed they have stopped laying - but then, a lot of them are molting, so egg numbers are down, anyway

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got news that they were able to get back to the farm today and all the animals are alive and well. The water never made it into the barn.

Great news!! A lot of us were concerned -- and don't even know them! But we all know "could have been me!" lurks in our mind. Not knowing is so very stressful -- thrilled all is good!

Uhhh. bunnylady, is that a new pond beyond the lazing cat???? Or, is that the new goat pasture? Whoa -- bet the ARE upset.

• YES -- my chickens are molting also but, things like these storms will make them stop laying. The heat has played havoc with mineover past month or so. Good news is that some of them went on into molt, others held off. As you know, that helps provide at least "some" eggs as they switch in & out.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad to hear they were able to get back to the farm and all the animals are doing okay. They will be able to sleep better and you can deal with things when you know what it is to be dealing with.
Glad too, that @Bunnylady you are able to deal with things there. It doesn't look like you had alot of serious damage from the trees that came down. Like nothing collapsed or big holes in roofs?

THIS TOO WILL PASS.......

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
View attachment 52247
I think his face says it all.

The horses are dealing pretty well. My two ancient goats are convinced that they have died and gone to goat hell - particularly since the mini mule is still around (Betsy has been known to attack them at random moments when she's frustrated and anxious). The chickens may be so stressed they have stopped laying - but then, a lot of them are molting, so egg numbers are down, anyway
Is that pond in the background usually there?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
some years from now this storm will be a 'remember when' story but right now there is a lot of work to do. you stay strong @Bunnylady. and you're right the cats face says it all.
met the waldmans a thousand years ago and am so thankful that their animals are ok. I can't imagine the stress of having to leave them and you are so right @OneFineAcre their alpines are beautiful.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is that pond in the background usually there?

Not usually, no. That area is pretty low, so it isn't unusual to have water standing there after a big rain, but this is the most we have ever seen. At the time that picture was taken, the water had actually receded a bit; it had been about halfway up the lawn behind the cat.

Latest posts