1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hoof trimming help - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Heart Surgery! Devonviolet's Husband!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Baymule, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Jul 13, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Devonviolet and her husband went to the doctor, her husband has been tired all the time, short of breath and just didn't feel good. He had a stress test, which he failed. Their doctor sent them to a cardiologist, the same one that my husband went to, 4 years ago. He met with them, then set an appointment for a heart catherization. They came by here and we told them to get ready, because he wasn't going home. We told them that he was more than likely all plugged up and would require heart surgery. That appointment was Thursday morning at 8 AM. The cardiologist told them that Devonviolet's husband was 95% blocked in one artery and 75% blocked in two others and wouldn't live much longer without surgery. That sure put things in perspective. No way DV is going to let go of her sweet husband any sooner than she has to, especially when it can be fixed.

He had surgery Friday morning. It wound up being a quadruple bypass. A 4th artery had 50% blockage, so while the surgeon had him opened up, he went ahead and fixed that too. I went to the hospital to stay with Devonviolet, no way she was going to sit there by herself. The surgery went well, and she got to see him briefly, he was sleeping. She realized she was starving, so we left and found a Chinese buffet where these two gals chowed down. Then back to the hospital. DV's daughter came from Dallas, a very nice person that I liked immediately. Spitting image of her momma! We got to see him, he was awake, in pain, uncomfortable and was intubated. He couldn't talk, so he squeezed our hand. There was a full time nurse in his ICU room watching all the monitors and taking good care of him.

I left at 6, DV wanted to stay and see him again from 8-9PM. She spent the night with us so she didn't have to drive so far back home in the dark. She has a couple of wonderful neighbors and friends taking care of the animals while they are away. We had a good breakfast this morning, strong hot coffee, Wilbur pan sausage and fried fresh butt nuggets. :lol:

She has texted me during the day today, keeping me up with how he is doing. The tube came out, he can talk, he feels much better and is hugging his heart pillow, just like BJ told him he would. He will be in ICU tonight and will go to a room tomorrow. His daughter and his brother flew in from Minnesota today to see him. DV will spend the night with us again tonight. Once her beloved husband is in a room, she will stay with him at night until he can go home.

Please pray for his recovery. He has several months to recover and go to therapy. He is in good health overall, just this little plumbing problem that needed fixing. LOL

2. Jul 13, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Thank you Baymule for letting us know...please tell her ..prayers are being sent for a rapid recovery, ......................................and please give DV a big hug for me :hugs
    I hope she can rest her foot while sitting with her DH.....:love

3. Jul 13, 2019
    OneFineAcre

OneFineAcre Herd Master

I'm glad they caught this and fixed it. Prayers for DV and her husband.

4. Jul 13, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

OH my goodness! Sooo glad they caught this in time. Give her a hug from us! :hugs:hugs

5. Jul 13, 2019
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

Prayers for a speedy recovery and hugs for them both! :hugs Glad that they caught it!

6. Jul 13, 2019
    mystang89

mystang89 True BYH Addict

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that the surgery was a success!

7. Jul 13, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Thank you for letting us know!
    They are both in my thoughts and prayers :hugs

8. Jul 14, 2019
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

Im glad they caught it. My dad was 90% 50% and 40% blocked I wish we would have known.

Praying for an easy recovery. :)

9. Jul 14, 2019
    Sumi

Sumi True BYH Addict Administrator

Thanks for letting us know, baymule. Big hugs and hoping for a speedy recovery for him! :hugs

10. Jul 14, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Prayers going out for them. Good to have neighbors who are able to take care of animal chores -- and friends who can save Devonviolet from drives, meals, being alone at the house. Kudos to all!

No doubt your DH can give them the inside scoop on this procedure and the follow ups. You know "man to man".

Appreciate the updates!!!