Heart Surgery! Devonviolet's Husband!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @Baymule, for telling the story. This has been a hard road. If it weren't for friends like you, and our other friends, Dana and Joe, I don't think I could have gotten through it.

The cardiologist, who did the cardiac catheterization, told us that if he didn't have the bypass surgery, he would have less than 2 years. He said, if he does the surgery he has many years to come.

The nurses, in the ICU, have been amazing! Of course, having @goatgurl, as a friend too, has been a big help. She knows the ins-and-outs of the cardiac ICU and has given us some excellent advice.

Being able to stay at Bay's house, has made a huge difference. I'm already worn out. If I had to make the hour and a half drive every morning and night it would have killed me.:th

When I left the ICU last night, DH had a smile on his face. He is still having pain, especially when he coughs, but having that heart pillow to hug makes a big difference.
IMG_20190713_123407817.jpg

Your prayers are all greatly appreciated! We still have a long road ahead of us. But, I know that with God's help, and friends like Baymule, we will make it through with flying colors. And the important thing is, I will have DH, by my side, for years to come!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
DV got a good night's rest and we fortified her this morning with large strips of Wilbur bacon, fried eggs and coffee. She filled her thermos tumbler with iced tea and was on her way to the hospital. It is certainly hard on the patient in the hospital, but it is also hard on the family and loved ones. She is welcome to come back tonight, her husband should be moved out of ICU and into a room today. If so, I know where she's going to be!

We are keeping our two little grand daughters tonight and tomorrow. When we take them home, we'll put the car seats in the trunk. Before we left the hospital with BJ, we were told that he could not ride in the front seat. If, God forbid, there was an accident and the air bag went off, it would hit him in the chest, bust it open and he would die before help could arrive. Sobering thought. Plus, the car is much easier to get in and out of for someone who just had his chest sawed open, versus trying to climb up into a truck. DV's husband is supposed to go home on Wednesday, we'll have the car ready for him. :love