Hello all!

HomesteaderLexi

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So glad to be a part of backyardherds, I've been a member of backyardchickens for almost a year now. Great places to learn so many new things and talk to people with the same aspirations and interests! All of my friends around here think I'm just a wierd chicken lady bc I don't care about the town gossip or having the latest Iphone. Oh well :) I'd rather be happy living a fulfilling life on my homestead than working my life away in a factory or a dead end job

HomesteaderLexi

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A little over 7 acres, most of it is wooded though. But the good thing is I've been trying to use it to our advantage, goats thrive better on brush and there are so many acorn and walnut trees that my son and I pick up acorns in the fall and feed them to the pigs, plus our potbellys free range during the day and gobble them down hahaha. Clearing a little land this year for a spot to fit a garden and a green house. I've got plans that could go on and on lol my husband thinks I'm crazy :) I would still use a flip phone if our service offered on that was indestructable. Beautiful country in VA, my husband is a hotshotter, he goes through there often, hates hauling heavy loads through the mountains but loves the views. How many acres are you on?

Latest posts