Hello...and a few pictures

BethC

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, I joined here yesterday. I have angora goats and angora bunnies. I thought I'd jump right in and post a few pictures of just a few of my "babies"

Here is Oliver and my daughter. He has since been sheared and I'm actually spinning his fluff right now!

8389891352_1a78a3b1f8_o.jpg

This is Sally (My daughter named her) I just got her about a month ago when she was 10 weeks old. Both are English Angora. I had a beautiful doe that died in March on the day she was due to kindle. so Sally is my Mother's day present from my kids.

9308562599_89f704eb2c_o.jpg

And we have 4 angora goats...but I'll only post this one picture for now. This is my latest little Buck. Born in January of this year. His name is Levi.

9510210780_4c2f168400_o.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
First off, a big welcome to BYH!

Second, nope, you can't tell me that Sally is a rabbit. Anyone would know she is a tribble. Be careful feeding her or you will end up with a houseful.

Third, do you spin just for yourself or do you market your yarn?

Fourth, your daughter is a cutie! You are blessed.

BethC

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
HA! I had to google what a Tribble was! LOL

Oh, and I've only ever spun for myself. Before I had started spinning Angora, I had been spinning for something like 7 years, but it was really hard for me to get the hang of it. I am just now finally getting comfortable enough with it as straight angora. I have only have angora bunnies for 2 years. I made a scarf out of my very first buns first shearing. I just spun Ollies first shearing and will be making a lacey scarf for my MIL out of it. So I would spin and sell, but I just never thought about it before.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome Cute pictures! my DD and I have just started learning how to spin fibers- we picked up a drop spindle and are working with that- might have to go back to the store and get another lesson. We have 2 French Angora rabbits, our buck is 5 months old and the doe is 3 months old.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
HA! I had to google what a Tribble was! LOL

Oh, you young people, thanks for making me feel older than dirt. OH, no, wait a minute, I AM older than dirt. Nevermind, live long and prosper. ;)