Hello, everyone. I am in trouble again.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No she did not abort any. The first one died at two weeks old. She was the smallest and was not getting enough milk. She refused to take a bottle. The second one died at two months old, then the third at 2 1/2 months old.
You're saying she aborted these at separate times?

Yep, could be toxemia, progressing to other issues. Does she get vit/min mix? I'm with others...power punch, warm molases, add some vit/min to water and syringe it. You hac get high content Vit B at most TSC....when was she last dewormed? Any fever? She may be going septic if the kids were dead very long before expulsion. May need antibiotics.

How is she doing?

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She eats everything and drinks till she looks like a barrel. What size needle do you use. I just can't stick that huge needle into my baby.
I would test her for CAE and Johnes. What minerals do you feed?
Did you ever check the kids for coccidia?
For right now, I'd put her on Excenel and dexamethazone and deworm her with Valbazen at 1cc/10 lbs and ivermectin 1cc/110 lbs depending if your area is resistant to ivermectin or not. And keep doing the vit. B etc like you have been. You could try doing a high dose of the vit B complex. It's water based so you have to give a huge amount before you over dose. We usually give 3cc for a Nigerian 2x per day.
Is she eating or drinking anything?
Hope she pulls through!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, completely didn't read well. Sorry. I'm still on board with the vit/min! 20 gauge needle will work.

She will need a few months to rest and regain her health, with good feed. Sorry you've lost the kids but, right now the doe needs TLC. I'm sure you are giving her that.:hugs If mine, I wouldn't breed her again until next winter. She needs to rebuild.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am not if ever again at all. She is my sweetest one besides my bottle baby. Those needle are so huge.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
this were Peanut triplets. It was a family of nuts.
IMG_20191102_175404.jpg this was a week old. Walnut (the boy) was in the corner beside mom asleep.
IMG_20191024_105219.jpg

this was just before the first one (Butternut) died. She is one in front. As you can see, she had lost weight. Beginning of November.
IMG_20191208_161015.jpg

this was just before Coconut died. She is the one with the white stripe. Dec 8.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I give either vit/electrolytes in their water or acv in their water. 2-3 times a week.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sweet feed is bad for goats during pregnancy because it gets them overweight..the babies get too big. Sweet feed shouldn’t be given all the time to goats, but can be used as a treat, and like, to get them on the milk stand, etc. But now that she’s not expecting anymore...you need to get her to eat. Giving her sweet feed and molasses gets them to eat...it perks up the apppetite...then offer her grain...she needs grain sfter giveing birth, not alfalfa pellets

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sweet feed is bad for goats during pregnancy because it gets them overweight..the babies get too big. Sweet feed shouldn’t be given all the time to goats, but can be used as a treat, and like, to get them on the milk stand, etc. But now that she’s not expecting anymore...you need to get her to eat. Giving her sweet feed and molasses gets them to eat...it perks up the apppetite...then offer her grain...she needs grain sfter giveing birth, not alfalfa pellets
I’m so sorry about the losses...but you have to get her strong now!! Get her eating!!