Hello, everyone. I am in trouble again.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No, I never have. I have the vaccine now. I was going to start them on it this year. I just don't know when to give it. I have one that I figure is pregnant. She is starting to fill out. I have never lost any until 2019.

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can start any time. Then give booster 3-4 weeks later and then give yearly. Give does 3-4 weeks before they kid. Kids get at 3-4 weeks of age, booster 3-4 weeks later, and then yearly. Dose is 2cc regardless. A good thing to have on hand is CD&T antitoxin. That's for emergency if you need it right away. Regular vaccine is toxiod.
I don't think the problem is that, it just crossed my mind. Do you give selenium?

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a tube of selenium/ vit e gel for goats. Think I should give some? On the cd&t, what if you don't know if they are pregnant or when they will give birth?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
They get selenium and vit E at 4 weeks and 2 weeks before kidding. CD&T vaccine is typically given right before breeding season...I didn’t know this when got my goats, so I gave it to my girls once I found out..they were both pregnant. You also give it to the goat kids. The vaccine, I believe is a yearly thing..... C&D anititocin is totally different....this is kept on hand is the goats get into something, like they eat all the feed...or have rumen related issues..it’s for over eating problems..which can cause death in a goat. The vaccine you give has this part in it...the C&D...the T stands for tetanus.

Last edited:

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How long should I give the vitamin b complex injections? Will it hurt her if I give her the cd&t vaccine now?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
It will not hurt her to give the CD&T antivirus now...I had to give it to my girls while they were pregnant, because I didn’t know that I was supposed to do it before. As for the BComplex...that is so that is typically given while the animal is not well..not a regular thing. It won’t hurt to give it constantly, but it’s expensive, so most people just give asneeded to make an animal feel better as needed.

Latest posts