Hello Fellow Goat enthuisiasts

AnimalIAm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello I'm New to this Forum and kind of new to keeping goats. At this time we have three lamancha goats 2 in heat that have been with a buck and one at our friends ranch on vacation to meet with a buck. All are registered with ADGA. I'm A 13 year old boy and enjoy working with goats and at this time is working to get one of the lamancha kids we will be having in the future!:) Any Tips Or Tricks would be Be Very Helpful To Me!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! :frow

Very excited to have you here! My heart is the Lamancha! :love:love:love

Keeping the goats well fed, as in good hay available at all times, access to browse, a good dairy feed, and loose minerals is the main part of goat keeping.
As far as tips and tricks- are you referring to how to lead train? Or was this more a general question?
I can't wait to see pics of your does! We are picture crazy here so there are never "too many".

You obviously have excellent taste in goats. :)

When the kids come will you bottle raise or dam raise?

AnimalIAm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It was just a general question as in any tips and tricks in keeping goats. I will upload photos soon. We are planning to Dam feed them. thank you for the info and the compliments! Lamanchas By far are my favorite goat. are friend is going to be breading mini lamanchas soon which I cant wait to see!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Lamancha's are fantastic goats, a great goat to start out with. They sure do steal your heart :love

Below is our kidding thread. Kinda long but it might but fun to browse through some of the pages :caf Lots of lamancha pics!
You might just learn a thing or two to keep in mind when your does kid :)

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/goat-whisperers-sbcs-kidding-thread-eclipse-kids.32492/

ETA the first 15 pages are mostly chatter LOL
It picks up on page 15

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH and goat ownership. Lots of good goat folks here and a wealth of info in the various threads. Browse around and make yourself at home!

AnimalIAm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the kind welcome! I definantly will look at that kidding thread.:)

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State... where the stars at night are big and bright! Tickled pink you found us, glad to have you here and I am delighted to see a young person enthused about goats! Looking forward to reading about your adventures in goatland with you la manchas, cuties that they are.