Hello from Bond County, Illinois

Whispering Winds

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello everyone,I have been on here for a few weeks, and said a few words, but thought i would write a little bit more info! Not too many from my neck of the woods it seems. . .I live with my husband and 8 year old grandson that we adopted last year on 5 acres in a tiny little town on the Eastern side of Bond County. We have a big old two story that we remodeled extensively on the outside, now need to get started on the inside. My husband is disabled, worked for the Power Plant CIPS, now known as Ameren, for 33 years before Diabetes and kidney failure (he is better, no dialysis in sight for a long time we hope!) so has slowed down considerably from the hard working long hours on his feet man I knew. . .but he does a little something everyday, and tries to say active, which is very important for a diabetic.
We are starting a small Alpaca farm, called Whispering Winds. I dream that in a few years, that name will inspire awe in other Alpaca people . . .but just messing with them and finding out how to do the fiber is enough right now. We have four home presently, three more agisting in Warrenton, Mo., with Tina Travis if any other Alpaca people are out there. . .she is wonderful, and has become a cherished friend. We are waiting any day now for a baby, and I am so excited to think it might be a black one, and a girl would be the icing on the cake, or the other way around!! We also plan on goats, just for pets, and geese to help with the weeding. . .and have white mice, fish, finches, rabbits, and two black rats to round it out!!! I wanted to be a Vet, back in the day, and finally at the point and time in my life that if I don't do what I want NOW, I might not get too!! We are in the process of finishing an Alpaca barn, with a small chicken house on one side so I can pursue that dream too. I worry about the economy, and I don't care WHO the president is, we all need to learn to be self-sufficient to a much larger degree. Even a small yard can produce food for the summer and fall months, and possibly freeze and can some for the winter.
I like this website, so much info and quite damaging too, as I read about this little farm animal or that little farm animal, and the list gets longer!!!

Latest posts