Hello from California

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

New member here ( I know duh right? I am in the NEW member introductions :p ) My name is Spirit and I am a 26 year old Homemaker ( fancy word for stay at home mom ) We live on 2 acres and just got some baby chicks 2 weeks ago. I purchased some Pygmy /Nigerian Dwarf goats a few weeks ago but they will not be 8 weeks until 5/19. ( which feels like forrreeeverr away :hit)

We got twins, the brown on is a male ( being banned ) his name is Han Solo, the black on is a doe and her name is Princess Leia. If you couldn't tell we are going Star Wars theme ( boy mom problems ) we are planning on getting a few more in the future and possibly breed.

Anyways :frow Hi & Happy Monday!!! :love

Oh here are some baby pictures :D =D

IMG_7156.JPG

^^^ Mama and her babies ^^^

IMG_7157.JPG

^^ My kids ( they are twins ) ^^

Attachments

• IMG_7158.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Sweet looking kids :D

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello hope you enjoy it here. Your goats are so cute.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from a fellow Californian. What cute kids, and goats are addictive (so is this forum :) ) We have a thread for goat addicts and since you said you might be getting more and you don't even have these home yet I suggest that you join the addicts group. :lol: We are also enablers. ;)

You will fall in love with goats; guaranteed. :love

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! Just a warning - if the 8 weeks till you get your goats feels like forever, wait till you breed!! The gestation period is about five months, and those last few weeks will feel like years! :p

MrsKuhn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Guess I am going to be in a world of hurt come breeding season because it's only 2 more weeks until they are 8 weeks old and can come home :barnie it feels like a lifetime and I just want my kids so I can start bonding and playing and watching them.

Welcome from Ohio! Just a warning - if the 8 weeks till you get your goats feels like forever, wait till you breed!! The gestation period is about five months, and those last few weeks will feel like years! :p

Latest posts