Hello from far northern California

Questing Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
20200120_095335.jpg We have 6+ 1/4 boer goats, 2 wild horses, 2 cats and 2 dogs. We want to add chicks and some pot belly pigs soon.

Questing Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you, Ohio. You're ther first person I've ever talked to from that state. Do you have goats? I have an issue with one. That's why I joined today

Questing Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm guessing grass bloat. The field is green grass and the acorns are abundant. I think he's just plain full! He's an old wether and lathargic today.

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to "The Herd"!

I don't have goats, though I have been around them before and love their milk! I have even witnessed a couple give birth! Good luck with your problem!

Cats are great! I have a few, well, sort of. We can never figure out exactly who is the owner:gig

I wish I had pigs, dogs, and horses too...but I don't. Someday...

I do have chickens. They are sweet creatures and each has a unique personality (no matter what you hear). They would be a great addition to your farm over there!

Wishing you a great evening from Idaho!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! Have you offered baking soda to your goat? I have sheep and when I turn them out on new spring grass, I limit their time to 1, then 2 hours, increasing their time slowly. I put baking soda out for them. If any do bloat I drench with mineral oil and walk them for up to hours at a time, until they fart and poop. If they lay down, I know they are still bloated and I drench and walk some more. Hope your goat is ok!