Hello from France

skibunny

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Hi I just joined the forum. We recently moved from the UK to france to 'live the dream' of having a small farm with a dog and horses and some other animals - currently 2 horses, 1 dog, 1 cat, 3 rabbits, 17 chickens, 17 sheep and 2 highland cows. Before we moved here we lived in London - ie a big city. Neither of us have any experience with animals (beyond tropical fish), so much to learn, but we are loving it. We are also renovating out 1890 farmhouse and trying to learn French.

cjhubbs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:welcome. Wow living in France, raising animals, and renovating an old farmhouse, it sounds like your living my dream :D. Can't wait to interact with you around the forum.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bonjour from Thurmont MD.

All that I can remember from 3 years of French 28 years ago.

Bnjour (Hello)
Oui (yes)
Je ne parle pas franais (I do not speak French)

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome What part of France? My daughter and her family moved there...no little farm, but big yard and out of the condos in Geneva!

skibunny

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Bonbean01 - we are in the south just on the edge of the Pyrenees about half way between the Atlantic and the Mediteranean. Near a place called Bagres de Bigorre. Beautiful beautiful place with friendly locals - who are very tollerant of our rubbish french. I think they find us quite funny.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks a fair distance to where my daughter and family are...very close to the Switzerland border..about 6 miles from the border...my son in law works at the UN in Geneva. Housing is pretty much all condos unless you are a millionare...so, they bought a house in France and love it.

My daughter is Canadian and my son in law from South Korea...so, my granddaughters learnt both Korean and English at the same time ... and now they both are learning French..guess being 7 and 4 years old, languages come easier than it does when you get older?

Latest posts