Hello from Idaho

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I live in Idaho and have a happy flock of chickens, a few outdoor cats, and a family rabbit. I wish I had horses but I don't have enough land. I am currently very interested in bee keeping.

I love hiking, camping, backpacking, and just being outdoors. I love birdwatching and anything to do with animals, especially wildlife. I love playing music with my little family band. I also love reading and spending time with my family (including my pets).

I am a member of BYC, and have been planning to make an account on here for a while but only just got to it. New year, new stuff. I joined BYH mostly for the bee forums. I want to get bees in the next couple of years so I have several questions I will post in different threads.

Happy New Years!

P.S. I have this same account on SufficientSelf and TheEasyGarden!

Last edited:

Ron Bequeath

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Greetings Wildbird, I'm from Pa, glad to have you aboard, all though i love my pets; 2 jersey cows expecfing, 5 heritage hogs, 4 aussie herd dogs, 2 goats needing replaced other 2 drove me nuts with their constant mischief, 5 rabbits, running loose and funny watching them and the dogs outsmart each other, 6 breeds of chickens, and at 4:30 to 6:00 am i know it, Muscovy ducks who fly to the lake a 1/4 mile from the house. And soon to replace the guinaes a vicious weasel put to demise but then i put the weasel there. And hope to add 4 or 5 sheep so the aussies can get a better work out. I do plant and love to plant an acre and half garden of non gmo heritage; vegetables, fruits, corn and grains, but still purchase my hay from an organic farmer. Several years ago i had bees and still have my seperator and boxes that all need rebuilt, and wasn't going to do anything about them but then my 24 year old daughter informed me that she wanted a couple of hives so you know the old man got itching and is now getting everything collected to put a half dozen hives together. I've found that it saves a lot if you make your own items rather than buy. It really helps if you have a table circular saw and a mighter saw. There are plans out there and if i can locate mine I'd be able to send them to you snail mail. Again welcome and have a great 2020.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I live in Idaho and have a happy flock of chickens, a few outdoor cats, and a family rabbit. I wish I had horses but I don't have enough land. I am currently very interested in bee keeping.

I love hiking, camping, backpacking, and just being outdoors. I love birdwatching and anything to do with animals, especially wildlife. I love playing music with my little family band. I also love reading and spending time with my family (including my pets).

I am a member of BYC, and have been planning to make an account on here for a while but only just got to it. New year, new stuff. I joined BYH mostly for the bee forums. I want to get bees in the next couple of years so I have several questions I will post in different threads.

Happy New Years!

P.S. I have this same account on SufficientSelf and TheEasyGarden!
Happy New Year!! We almost have the same hobbies!! Some people really love the outdoors. I hope you'll find our forums educational and useful. Welcome!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings Wildbird, I'm from Pa, glad to have you aboard, all though i love my pets; 2 jersey cows expecfing, 5 heritage hogs, 4 aussie herd dogs, 2 goats needing replaced other 2 drove me nuts with their constant mischief, 5 rabbits, running loose and funny watching them and the dogs outsmart each other, 6 breeds of chickens, and at 4:30 to 6:00 am i know it, Muscovy ducks who fly to the lake a 1/4 mile from the house. And soon to replace the guinaes a vicious weasel put to demise but then i put the weasel there. And hope to add 4 or 5 sheep so the aussies can get a better work out. I do plant and love to plant an acre and half garden of non gmo heritage; vegetables, fruits, corn and grains, but still purchase my hay from an organic farmer. Several years ago i had bees and still have my seperator and boxes that all need rebuilt, and wasn't going to do anything about them but then my 24 year old daughter informed me that she wanted a couple of hives so you know the old man got itching and is now getting everything collected to put a half dozen hives together. I've found that it saves a lot if you make your own items rather than buy. It really helps if you have a table circular saw and a mighter saw. There are plans out there and if i can locate mine I'd be able to send them to you snail mail. Again welcome and have a great 2020.
Hey...you’re in PA...where about? Me too! Kane! Want to buy some goat kids? :).

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there Wildbird and welcome to BYH...this is probably the best forum on the net, but I haven’t tried them all...lol. There are such great people on here! Everyone cares about you and your animals..which is really nice. I have a nice big flock of chickens too...and a bunch of rabbits..watch because two of my bunnies are due to kindle this week!! Exciting stuff! What kind of chickens do you have? I always wanted a horse and grew up next to a horse farm. I would go feed them apples everyday and get to pet them..it was great. I’ve only ridden once. Well, I can’t wait to hear more about you and your animals, and welcome from all of us at BYH...we look forward to learning more about your animals and and you!!

Ron Bequeath

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey...you’re in PA...where about? Me too! Kane! Want to buy some goat kids? :).
Located near western part of the state, nead Mercer, pa. Will be looking for two or three full size alpine goat does and an alpine buck in the late spring. Hoping to find a doe in milk. Had a great buck a year ago and someone first shot at him, thankfully missed then nicely poisoned him. You should be able to get my email, i don't answer the phone till after a message or text. To many teley marketers. Glad to hear your from Pa.

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the welcomes!

Hi there Wildbird and welcome to BYH...this is probably the best forum on the net, but I haven’t tried them all...lol. There are such great people on here! Everyone cares about you and your animals..which is really nice. I have a nice big flock of chickens too...and a bunch of rabbits..watch because two of my bunnies are due to kindle this week!! Exciting stuff! What kind of chickens do you have? I always wanted a horse and grew up next to a horse farm. I would go feed them apples everyday and get to pet them..it was great. I’ve only ridden once. Well, I can’t wait to hear more about you and your animals, and welcome from all of us at BYH...we look forward to learning more about your animals and and you!!
I'll watch for those bunnies!

I have several different breeds, and am just now getting into the more rare breeds. I have silkies, Old English Game bantams, Easter Eggers, a polish, a Auracauna, and a Rhode Island Red. I'm gonna get more layers this spring! What breeds do you have?

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas! I got started on BYC, then migrated to SS, TEG and BYH. If chickens are the gateway farm animal, then BYC is the gateway forum to the other forums! LOL LOL
Welcome to the forums... I hope you'll find it interesting... and I hope you'll learn from the chat made from our forums... have a great day!!