Hello from Indiana!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from Tn! So glad you joined us. Look around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" folks at the same time. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Oh, and we all love pics, so post them anytime you feel the need! Please make yourself at home!
PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember from this post & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow :welcome :frow

Congratulations on your new Buff Orpington chickens! How many did you get? All hens? Any roosters? We have three Buff hens and one rooster. I would eventually like to separate the hens and rooster, and hatch out some of the fertilized eggs, so we can have more Buff chickens and eventually sell pullets, for some extra cash.

Congrats also, on your new Katahdin sheep. Again, how many? And do you have a ram? @Baymule recently got an amazing Kkatahdin ram, I got to meet him yesterday. He came from one of our BYH members.
Not all rams are super friendly, but Ringo is. He is really sweet! :love

@MikeCHS also has Katadhin sheep, as well. He is the BYH member, that Baymule got her ram from.

Again, welcome to BYH. As Rammy said, please put your location on your profile, so we have a general idea of where you are located. Two benefits to that:
1. Sometimes advice could be location specific.
2. One of the great percs of being a BYH member, is that when we know if a member lives near us, we can meet that member. Baymule and I got to meet and have become the best of friends, since we live close to each other. :hugs

We have a great community here. There are a number of us, who have become great friends. Those of us here in NE Texas have been known to meet and share a meal, now and then. :celebrate

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy! My husband and recently made a 1400 mile round trip to get Ringo, our new Katahdin Ram, then @Mike CHS then made a 1400 round trip to get his new Katahdin Ram Maxwell. Yeah, we’re crazy. We were delighted to meet Mike and his wife, a great time was hadn’t all of us. See what being on BYH will do for you? LOL

So glad you are here, you are going to enjoy BYH!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
:wootwelcome to the herd from Florida :celebratewe have rabbits, chickens and goats....
You can meet some really cool people here and learn all kinds of diffrent ways to care for your animals, and if you have a question...just post it, someone will come up with a answer for you....have fun :frow:bunny:bunny:bunny:jumpy

Latest posts