hello, from Kuwait ...!!( Middle East )

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is that a sheep or a goat? I've heard about the contests for the most beautiful goats, and it looks like one of those.

Whether sheep or goat.....he's AMAZING.

....just noticed the tail now you say....AWESOME.

In future I will writing ✍️ a subjects
some details about our sheep and goats in Kuwait

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Very nice to have you here with us. I don't know if you celebrate this time of year, but if you do I wish you happy holidays. Please make yourself at home. Thank you for sharing pictures. :clap

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@kuwaiti-90 I am following your other threads as I am able. I very much appreciate you joining this community!

We have people that visit BYH from all over the world and often when there is a need despite our best efforts here, are not always able to help.
Some countries there really are no veterinarians to easily consult with. Some have different dewormers, medicines that we do not have here, let alone the feed/forage.

I am fascinated by goats from around the world and often wonder "what do they eat?".
Would love to hear how you feed? Hay etc? What kinds of forages? General care for your livestock.
Vaccinations if any... loving the pictures too! :)

Your communication skills are incredible! Thank You! :thumbsup

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A welcome from Virginia also. My son and I have mostly beef cattle but we also run about 30-40 White Texas Dall sheep. They are a hair breed. They look alot like the Bighorn Sheep in the wild.

Hope you enjoy joining the BYH community.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@kuwaiti-90 I am following your other threads as I am able. I very much appreciate you joining this community!

We have people that visit BYH from all over the world and often when there is a need despite our best efforts here, are not always able to help.
Some countries there really are no veterinarians to easily consult with. Some have different dewormers, medicines that we do not have here, let alone the feed/forage.

I am fascinated by goats from around the world and often wonder "what do they eat?".
Would love to hear how you feed? Hay etc? What kinds of forages? General care for your livestock.
Vaccinations if any... loving the pictures too! :)

Your communication skills are incredible! Thank You! :thumbsup

I've never been to Kuwait but I was really surprised to see alfalfa and what looked like peanuts growing in Iraq
And seeing round bales of hay in fields
And really nice cattle

Last edited:

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Southern by choice

Thank you very much for following me up, and I appreciate this thing from you.

As for the treatments and fodder are the same exists for you and us .. Because most of the feed originates from outside, but some types of clover, planting and cubes mixed local industry and be good also ..

The care of goats is especially stronger than the care of sheep, because they are more sensitive than sheep on the one hand diseases, goats concentrate their fiber and cubes more than barley opposite the sheep are open to appetite.
In the winter they have a special heating for goats wooden rooms or some special tents where (tents are large American).

Many vaccinations will be mentioned for sheep and goats
1. Intestinal poisoning of all types
2 - bloody poisoning (pneumonia of all kinds)
3-Foot & Mouth Disease
4. Smallpox
5. PPR
You will see the vaccination pictures later ... in a special topic.

I am posting new subject about ones of vaccinations for sheep and goats right now >>

I'm here to help you and help me with livestock:weee

Last edited:

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A welcome from Virginia also. My son and I have mostly beef cattle but we also run about 30-40 White Texas Dall sheep. They are a hair breed. They look alot like the Bighorn Sheep in the wild.

Hope you enjoy joining the BYH community.

Thank you and welcome from Kuwait ...:frow

I am also a grandfather who owns Dutch and Friesian cows in the farm / produces cheese and calves ،But I prefer sheep and goats more than cows because it is a little easier to deal with cows.

Yes I enjoy sharing with you and joining with you;)

Latest posts