hello, from Kuwait ...!!( Middle East )

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've never been to Kuwait but I was really surprised to see alfalfa and what looked like peanuts growing in Iraq
And seeing round bales of hay in fields
And really nice cattle

Kuwait has agricultural production of clover, barley and some grains for livestock / Kuwait does not take anything from Iraq ..
We are our fields and our farms are independent from the fields and farms of Iraq.

feed and grain are everywhere and exported and imported from everywhere .
We have many different cattle, sheep, goats, horses and camels in Kuwait.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the winter they have a special heating for goats wooden rooms or some special tents
I am very surprised that you need to heat the goats. I ASSUMED it was fairly warm in Kuwait. A quick check on the web says the average January temperature in Kuwait City is over 10C. I don't have heat for my chickens and we get down to -30°C sometimes.

We do have heat for the people and house cats though. ;)

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Bruce

Do not let the temperature reach us below zero in the desert areas, but the cold we have is very dry and not relatively humid the same as you have in the country.
So the cold enters the bone and is very annoying:confused:, which is very harmful to small goats and lambs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kuwait does not take anything from Iraq ..
We are our fields and our farms are independent from the fields and farms of Iraq.

Iraq has not been a very good neighbor to Kuwait. After the Iraqi military retreated in the Gulf war, they fired off oil wells, spilled oil out on the ground and set fire to it also. Several Texas companies went to Kuwait to put out the oil well fires. The invasion from Iraq, the monetary loss, destruction of oil wells, and the ecological damage to a fragile desert system is enough to make anybody not to be friendly with their neighbor any more.

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Iraq has not been a very good neighbor to Kuwait. After the Iraqi military retreated in the Gulf war, they fired off oil wells, spilled oil out on the ground and set fire to it also. Several Texas companies went to Kuwait to put out the oil well fires. The invasion from Iraq, the monetary loss, destruction of oil wells, and the ecological damage to a fragile desert system is enough to make anybody not to be friendly with their neighbor any more.

Yes, your words are true, I remember the brutal Iraqi invasion and I saw most of the destruction that he did, I'm sorry, but I do not like to discuss the subject so as not to restore memories:(

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You said you have cattle, camels and horses. Will you be posting about them? And pictures too? We LOVE pictures! What breeds do you raise?