Hello From Mendon, Vermont!

MendonOrchards

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I know there are a few people on this forum from Vermont. Currently, all we have is chickens. We have more chicks, and some ducks ordered for spring. I am hoping to get into meat rabbits (and angora rabbits for fiber) here soon and in 3 years or so southdown babydoll sheep and some mini goats. We own an apple orchard that was started in the 1920's. So far so good! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Windtryst

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome from Pa. I started out with chickens too! Still have them, and just added two little goats. They are happy little guys, I am enjoying their company.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @MendonOrchards from the front range in CO. :frow Glad you joined us! Is your apple orchard a commercial enterprise or a family farm for profit type set up? It must be a lot of work either way. Many if not most of us started out with chickens. Anyway, Welcome! Look forward to some pics if you have some to share... VT is a beautiful place. Thanks

MendonOrchards

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It is a family farm. We do U-pick as well as farmer markets. We actually survive all year round because the property has a store/bakery/motel on it. So it works out well. lol. I am sure i will have more and more pics as things get interesting ;)

MrsWildside

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Hawaii!!
Love the fact that you're able to make your property work for you! My husband and I are trying to get our lot to work in our favor! I also wish Hawaii could grow apple trees! Well, we can, but they are... unique.
Anyway, cant wait to see pictures of your awesome adventures!
Cheers!