Hello from Michigan

jonathco

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I discovered this site through a link from Back Yard Chickens. Today, my family and I raise a small flock of chickens on our small 10 acre homestead (24 chickens currently), but I grew up with goats and am hoping introduce goats, sheep, and pigs soon.

I look forward to learning from everyone on here.

Thanks,

Jon

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there!! I also started out on BYC...we have chickens, pigs and goats, and a lot mor3 too...lol. What breeds are you thinking of? Feeder pigs? Pots? Minis...lol, I have all three. As for goats...I love them ALL, but I seem to prefer my pet goats, who are also quite dairy. You will meet a ton of great people on here...and get a ton of helpful tips on everything for farming!! Welcome to BYH..and I look forward to learning more about your animals and you!!

jonathco

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi there!! I also started out on BYC...we have chickens, pigs and goats, and a lot mor3 too...lol. What breeds are you thinking of? Feeder pigs? Pots? Minis...lol, I have all three. As for goats...I love them ALL, but I seem to prefer my pet goats, who are also quite dairy. You will meet a ton of great people on here...and get a ton of helpful tips on everything for farming!! Welcome to BYH..and I look forward to learning more about your animals and you!!
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am mainly interested in feeder pigs, so I am still trying to do the research on best varieties for that! I really like what I read about Mangalitsa, but I am still reading up.

As far as goats, I grew up with Nubian and Alpines and still love them, so probably some of each. As far as sheep, probably a variety, but would love to get a few Katahdin for sure.

Thanks again!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I discovered this site through a link from Back Yard Chickens. Today, my family and I raise a small flock of chickens on our small 10 acre homestead (24 chickens currently), but I grew up with goats and am hoping introduce goats, sheep, and pigs soon.

I look forward to learning from everyone on here.

Thanks,

Jon
We started with just a couple of chickens, and some goats, with us helping each other. we can be sure to make our farms bigger. keep us posted.