hello from Mississippi!

aef

Just born
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. Hoping to find others who enjoy all of God's wonderful animal creation! My husband and I have a small herd of cows, cinnamon chickens (7 hens and 2 roosters), a spoiled datchuand named "MONSTER" (she is our baby), and hoping soon to get us a few meat rabbits to raise. My husband is retired, but I am still working, I manage an elementary school cafeteria. I still have a couple of years before retirement. I hope to hear from all of you soon.....

Anne

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WELCOME ANNE, to BYH. This is a great place to learn lots about back yard herd animals. I am getting into goats. Just started milking my first one, or should I say my husband just started milking. He is a farm boy from Iowa and is an expert milker. I do intend to learn however.

You will love this site and the knowledgeable, helpful folks here.

DonnaBelle

aef

Just born
Reaction score
:frow
DonnaBelle said:
WELCOME ANNE, to BYH. This is a great place to learn lots about back yard herd animals. I am getting into goats. Just started milking my first one, or should I say my husband just started milking. He is a farm boy from Iowa and is an expert milker. I do intend to learn however.

You will love this site and the knowledgeable, helpful folks here.

DonnaBelle
thank you for the reply, Donna, I am sure I will love this site. We have yet to get a goat, have just about everything else, though. lol We have two cows that will have calves in the next couple of months....when I was a teenager growing up in Nevada, my aunt made me milk a cow, but for the life of me I cannot remember how.... I am going to let my husband take the lead, then I will try it too. We have 7 chickens, two roosters, 1 horse, 9 cows, 1 bull, my husband hunting dogs and one royally spoiled Datchund named MONSTER..she is our baby. Also we have three precious grandchildren, Derek, 15 (16) next month and two granddaughter Bethany 9 and Emma 5. We are in lower Mississippi. What about you?

Anne

hooligan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
1636180muktfbpy3t.gif

Latest posts